lightning-ping -- Command to check if a node is up.
ping id [len] [pongbytes]
The ping command checks if the node with id is ready to talk. It currently only works for peers we have a channel with.
It accepts the following parameters:
- id: A string that represents the node id;
- len: A integer that represents the length of the ping (default 128);
- pongbytes: An integer that represents the length of the reply (default 128). A value of 65532 to 65535 means "don't reply".
EXAMPLE JSON REQUEST
On success, an object is returned, containing:
- totlen (u16): the answer length of the reply message (including header: 0 means no reply expected)
On failure, one of the following error codes may be returned:
- -32602: Error in given parameters or we're already waiting for a ping response from peer.
EXAMPLE JSON RESPONSE
Vincenzo Palazzo <email@example.com> wrote the initial version of this man page, but many others did the hard work of actually implementing this rpc command.
Main web site: https://github.com/ElementsProject/lightning